Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Welcome Home Elder Roney!

I think I just had the best night of my life/most emotional day as well.  I started the morning waking up and the first thought I had was, "Today is the day I finally get to see Braedon again!"  The day moved by relatively slow because I was so fidgety.  I just wanted him home.  I made a welcome home sign for Braedon and got his favorite treat, a rice crispy treat from Rocky Mountain, accompanied by some new tennis and ping pong balls.  I put pretty ribbons around it and everything, but I forgot to take pictures of the whole set up because I was so spacey. 

After I set that up at his house I went back home waiting for Braedon to be released so I could see him.  I thought two years was long, but I think those few hours right before he got home may have felt much longer!  His brothers were also texting me through the day saying they just picked Braedon up from the airport, they were now in Orem, etc.  When I got the text saying they were home and in Orem, my heart skipped a beat.  It was such a surreal feeling.  He was home...

Braedon was supposed to get released at 5 p.m. but some sort of problem popped up (of course!) so he didn't get released until 6.  At that time I was at my good friend Annie's house because I didn't want to sit at home and wait for him since the time seemed to pass much slower that way.  It reached the time when he was getting close to being released.  Annie wanted to go over to our friend Kinny's house who lives across the street from Braedon to wait until he got home.  As soon as we pulled up to Kinny's I saw Braedon's car come around the corner.  I freaked out!  haha.. I had imagined this moment for two years and standing where I was was not the way I wanted it to happen.  I was going to go over about five minutes before everyone else so that Braedon and I could have a few minutes alone before everyone got there, but that was kind of ruined since he saw me standing there.  I must have looked like a dear in headlights...It would have probably been amusing to watch...

Well.. I saw the car and I did what every girl would do... I bolted.. hahaha..(it was a rash decision but I had little time to think and was having troubles thinking straight in the first place...) I was so not wanting our first greeting to be where his family, the neighbors, and all of our friends were standing there watching... Maybe its just me but that just felt awkward.  Not the way I envisioned our first greeting after two years.  So I waited at Kinny's house until a few of the neighbors left.  I was just kind of waiting on Kinny's porch and then he came over and scooped me up into a hug.  For that second everything kind of faded away.  I was so unbelievebly happy to be in his arms again.  We hugged, then looked at each other again, and hugged a few more times!

For the next few hours we all were at Braedon's house.  People from his ward, family, etc. stopped by throughout the night.  One of our really good friends, Laura, actually got set apart to go on a mission that night (side note: I am SO excited for her.  She is going to be a wonderful missionary.  Such a loving, kind girl!).  She is Braedon's next door neighbor. So a lot of the night Braedon was talking with her because they had such little time together.  Braedon was pretty busy trying to say hi to everyone so I kind of just observed and listened for most of the night.  Everytime he passed me to talk to someone he would give me a cute little hug, or pat me on the back, or something cute like that.  And I couldn't look into his eyes without getting this big goofy grin on my face! haha..

Everyone left around 11 that night and so at that point I was finally able to have a real conversation with him.  We went back inside and hung out with his dad for a few moments.  Then Braedon took me home.  We drove around Orem for a little bit so he could see the new things that have been built since he has been gone like Riverwoods and the new Orem High School.  We walked hand in hand around Riverwoods so he could see everything.  My heart couldn't stop pounding.  I was SO happy (and still am).  It is amazing how you can forget things as simple as holding hands with someone you love so much and how wonderful of a blessing that is. 

After our little walk he held me close as we chatted about random things.  We got back in the car and headed for my house.  We got there at midnight and my dad was up so we went in to say hello to him.  My dad was probably almost as excited as I was to see Braedon!  When my dad saw him, he gave him a big hug and it made me sooo happy to see the two men in my life that mean the most just as happy as can be.  Kind of sappy, but it is true!  We visited for another 30 or so minutes and at this point poor Braedon looked like he was going to pass out from exhaustion.  So we decided to call it a night.  I walked him out to his car.  He held me a little longer, kissed me, exchanged I love yous, and he took off.  It was a wonderful night.  Four hours later I am still twitterpaited from the night (and therefor am blogging at 5 in the morning because I cant sleep).  It was one of the best nights ever and I am so grateful to have him home again and that things are just right back to the way they were before he left.  Its like he never left me in some ways because we were able to just pick up right where we left off.  That boy makes me the happiest person and I am so grateful for him!  Welcome Home Braedon! I love you!!!!! 
Our first picture together after two years :)

1 comment:

  1. aHHHHHHHHHHHH I wanted to jump and down, cry and laugh all the way through this! Im so so so happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete