Monday, July 26, 2010

Neglection of the Blog....

Ok.. I know you all have been wondering, "When is Virginia going to put her next post up?  I am dying to know what she is up to.." hahaha.. kidding.  However, it looks like this blog thing is turning out about the same as my journal entries...which means one post every month and a half... fantastic.. but I will get better!  (At least that is what I tell myself).  Since I have been MIA for the last month in the blog world I will give a quick update of the more meaningful events that have taken place..So ready, set, go!

1.  This is probably the biggest/most fun thing that happened.  My sister and her family came to town!  It was a BLAST!  Loved every minute of it.  Fishing, swimming, Garrett singing and playing the guitar to the most HiLaRiOuS songs he wrote (I was laughing for a good ten minutes...still makes me smile thinking about it), making a fort with my niece in the front room, going to the park, The Stadium of Fire, staying up until one in the morning playing a video game we (my sister, dad and I) became addicted to, and even pulling out Steph's wedding dress to see if she could still fit in it (and she still does!..skinny girl) were just of few of the fun things we all did together...(side note... Kenzie just HAD to try on the "pretty princess dress" after seeing her mommy in it). 
Baskin Robbins making silly faces
Jordyn says 'cheese' and makes this face when she sees a camera).
Stadium of Fire
Mine and Kenzie's fort..
it was grandpa proof..
As you can see, having Steph, Garrett, and the girls here was the best and though people may think differently, I really DO miss the constant noise, attention, and exhaustion a three and one-year old bring to the table. :)

2.  It was my wonderful friend's birthday, Annie!  I love that girl!  We have had some great times together and we got to celebrate her day by going to 7 Peaks (and I think that is the first time I have been there since I was in junior high...).  Then after 7 Peaks and hit up Brick Oven. It was also Britn's birthday too so we got to celebrate two birthdays in one meal! (and that meant two free desserts too! Woot!)  It was a great day and I got to be out in the sun really for the first time this summer.  (I know it is pathetic, but that is what summer school does to you... leaves you white, pasty, but I know Physics!..haha...)
3.  And the last major event for the month of June (and July...man I really did neglect the blogging...) was Aly Tucker's (now Hansen!) wedding reception!  She was a beautiful bride!  It was so great seeing everyone again too.  Oh and the best part...when Aly threw the boquet, it went into about 10 pieces, so everyone was to catch apart of it!!! Except... Me!!!! hahaha.. I think it may be a sign....)   Anyway, it was a fantasitc wedding and congrats to Aly! :)
So.. this has been month in a nutshell (a kind or small one...)  Oh and one more thing!  One of my best friends, Aubrey, went to Thailand... without me!! Ridiculous.... and she went for a month and a half!.. I miss her!  I dont know what to do without her sometimes..haha.. but I can handle it....  Okay well now that is all I have to say! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment