Tuesday, March 22, 2011

News for the week:

I got a teaching job!!!  I was offered an internship at Orem Junior High School and start this August! I am so excited!!  It is such a surreal feeling to go from school to an actual job when I have been a full time student for 15 years.  Although, I am excited all the hard work has paid off and I guess it wont be too much of a change since I will still be in school... now I will just be the teacher!... No it will still be quite the change though.

I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade science.  I am so excited to begin preparing over the summer for my first year of teaching.  I have a feeling about halfway through the year I may hit a wall of becoming overwhelmed and distraught with a pile of quizzes, tests, and other vaious assignments to grade over the weekend, but for the moment I am going to enjoy it!!  So here is to the crazy life of a teacher which I am excited to be a part of! Go Orem Junior!  (I never thought I would have said that since Orem Junior was one the "rivals" of Lakeridge which is where I went for junior high..)

  

4 comments:

  1. Virginia! This is so exciting. I'm becoming an English teacher...we should teach at the same school. And coach basketball together.
    Wouldn't that be the life?
    But congratulations! I want to hear all about it when you start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats that is so awesome! I so wish I was that close to being done with school! It seems so weird we're old enough to have actual careers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Virginia!!! :) I'm so happy for you!

    BTW. You could always drop off your quizzes, tests, etc at TRiO and we can grade them for you! It'll be a "project" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! Tina! I like the way you think...

    ReplyDelete