Tuesday, August 2, 2011
First Day of School Planning
The first day of school begins in exactly three weeks. I am freaking out a little bit. How do I structure my first day of school? Should I plan an activity? What are my classroom procedures going to be? Should I design a seating chart? How should I arrange the physical set up of my classroom? What will my grading policy be? How will tardies and absences be handled? What will my disclosure document say? These are just a few of the questions on my mind for planning my school year...
I have a few of these things already figured out, but I still feel like there is always something else I haven't thought about. It is such an interesting experience being on the other side of school where you are now the teacher. So much more to think about. Not to mention I have an entire year to plan of lessons that actually teach my students versus turning my classroom into busywork.
Although there is a lot of think about, I am grateful for the help I have received from my coworkers. The district I work for provides quite a few professional development training opportunities which will help me answer the numerous questions I have crashing around in my brain. So wish me luck and I hope I am able to be the best teacher I can be this first year and to just enjoy the ride. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment