Braedon and I took off a little after he finished talking with my dad. We were supposedly meeting his family up at his uncle's cabin which is located up Provo canyon. We were all going to go four wheeling. On the way Braedon stopped by Cafe Rio (my favorite) and we got food to take up to the cabin. On the way up the canyon Braedon threw me off by saying my dad pulled him into the basement and made him talk to him about marrying me. It was funny because my dad was actually saying he was going to do that, but I thought he was just joking. So I was kind of upset with my dad because I thought he was meddling. haha.. but really Braedon just made that up and it happened to work out really well for him.
About five minutes up the canyon Braedon told me that his uncle and family was not going to make it until later because some other things came up (I cannot remember the excuse he used). I didn't think anything of it because I was just excited to be up the canyon during the Fall. (I LOVE driving up the canyon during Fall with the leaves.. Fall season is my favorite!)
Once we got up to the cabin we hopped on a four-wheeler and started driving around. We went down different roads and saw some elk while driving around so I was just loving it. I hadn't driven a four-wheeler since I was like 15 too so I was in my own little world enjoying the fall colors. Braedon then took us up this hill. When we got up the hill he stopped the four-wheeler and asked if this would be an okay place for us to pull out our food to eat our food. It was beautiful! On one side of the hill it overlooked Dear Creek and on the other side of the hill there were hills covered with fall leaves. As we stood on the hill Braedon took out his camera to get some pictures. As he was taking pictures of everything I was standing next to the four wheeler enjoying the scenery.
At this point Braedon asked me to hand him a bag in his back pack because he needed a new memory card for his camera. I found the bag where supposedly the memory card was. Well.. what Braedon wanted me to do was open it and find that there was a pretty little black box with a diamond ring inside... but I just chucked the bag at him and went back to looking at the pretty fall leaves... hahaha.. oops! So that threw Braedon a little off guard, but while I was facing the mountains, Braedon came up behind me got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I immediately said yes and gave him a huge hug as he slipped the ring onto my finger. It was so perfect.
So now... let the wedding planning begin! I am already counting down the days to December 17!!! Cannot WAIT! I love that boy SO much and feel so blessed to have him be my fiance. I have been dreaming about marrying him for over two years and now we are engaged. So excited to marry my best friend. :)
![]() |
| Right after the proposal at sunset :) |
![]() |
| My Ring |
![]() |
| The view of Provo Canyon :) |
![]() |
| The elk we saw on the way up |







I'm not sure what Braedon is doing in that first picture, but whatever . . . Oh and CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteso so soooo happy and excited for you guys! YAHOOOOOOOO! :DDDD
ReplyDelete